👋 Hi, I'm Simon!
I share my code on GitHub and I sometimes blog about what made me smile/stumble/humble/moan.
Check out my telegram channel t.me/stuffaboutcoding where I collect and share interesting links to software related content.
My passion is Ruby, yet I enjoy exploring what other languages bring to the table.
I am currently learning Clojure and explore the land of LISP/parentheses when I find the time 🥰
I share my photos on flickr.
Get in touch with me on Telegram or via Linkedin! 🍻
I blog from time to time
Mostly about code I wrote, sometimes pet projects or about things that should never slow me down no more.
That’s right, I am pointing at you, pg gem on Mac (but it seems to be a thing of the past 🙌)!
- 2023-06-26 I coded a cash register backend in Ruby backed by Postgres
- 2023-06-25 use minimagick convert pdf frontpage to png
- 2023-04-12 Ruby REST API client for Papierkram.de
- 2023-04-08 Ruby: Sequel and Dates BC (Before Christ) - Cheesus Chwist, I nearly went mad 🤪
- 2023-03-08 RuboCop ships with a server
- 2022-11-06 Crawl MediaMarkts Fundgrube using Babashka (and telegram bots)
- 2022-10-29 I made my own little selfhostable flat-file notebook
- 2022-10-24 Connect with ssh and fire a sudo command 🚀
- 2022-10-23 "Activate" POROs (in a Rails app)
The difference between masters and beginners is that masters have failed more times than beginners have even tried.
- Stephen McCranie